Writing Excuses 7.11: More Microcasting
It’s again time for us to do a Q&A by any other name!
- Is it better to include romance, horror, SF, or other genre elements to flesh out a story, or should the story stand alone?
- Any tips for developing an idea without getting caught in Worldbuilder’s Disease?
- Any NaNo WriMo tips? (yes.)
- What did you to do build an audience before you got published and famous and stuff?
- How do you create sub-plots without overshadowing the main plot?
- What are the most important things you learned as writers during 2011?
- How do you stay motivated (especially during editing) when it seems like everything you wrote is crap?
Homework: Listener Bill Housely provided this one—a lone woman who runs an orbital refueling post makes first contact when some aliens arrive in desperate need of fuel.
Thing of the week: Persuasion, by Jane Austen. Note that there are lots of available recordings. We recommend something unabridged, like the version linked here.
Powered by RedCircle