Writing Excuses 7.19: Q&A at UVU
James Dashner joins us for a Q&A at Utah Valley University during Life, The Universe, and Everything.
The first question starts out amazingly rough, but the 12-year-old asking it manages to stick the landing. The questions include:
- Why is the ARC of James’ first book so different from the later books?
- How do you handle paragraph- and sentence-level edits?
- How do you plot your stories?
- How do you craft endings that are both satisfying, and leave the reader wanting more?
- What do you do when your compelling villain threatens to take over the whole book?
Homework: You get kidnapped and put in an asylum for the criminally sane.
Thing of the week: Everneath, by Brody Ashton, narrated by Amy Rubinate.
Powered by RedCircle