Writing Excuses 9.38: Q&A at Westercon
Peter Orullian joins us in front of a live audience at Westercon 67 for a Q&A. The questions include:
- As a writer, how do you handle reviewing other people’s books?
- How do you compartmentalize your writing to prevent that obsession from displacing everything else?
- How do you create frightening, unique creatures?
- What are the basics about networking at a convention?
- Is there a yield for the average story idea?
- What rules do you follow and what rules do you break when writing epic fantasy?
- What can you do in critique groups to teach craft if you’re avoiding prescriptive critique?
- How strongly do you believe that the audience won’t remember what you’ve told them, but will remember how you said it?
Homework: Write about a support group for writers.
Thing of the week: Spellcaster by Claudia Gray, narrated by Khristine Hvam.
Powered by RedCircle