Writing Excuses 8.32: Microcasting
Microcasting! It’s what we call a Q&A, because it’s like several little podcasts in one! Here are the questions (you’ll have to listen to the show for the answers):
- How do you manage your workload?
- Are writing contests worth it? Which ones are good?
- How do you make it clear that the weird aspects of your world are done on purpose rather than just being bad science?
- How do you know when to take a break from your writing?
- What are your word count suggestions for various markets?
Homework: Keep track of your hourly word count for a day’s writing. Then set goals to beat that word count in subsequent sessions.
Thing of the week: The Madman’s Daughter, by Megan Shepherd, narrated by Lucy Rayner.
Powered by RedCircle