Writing Excuses 7.30: Micocasting…Again!
Microcasting! Again!! Now with exclamation points!!! You’ll have to have a listen for our answers, but here are the questions:
- How do you deal with bad reviews?
- How do you apply Brandon’s magic system rules to science fiction?
- Dan, will you do the marshmallow voice for us again?
- How do you keep tension high without exhausting the reader?
- You’ve made your manuscript as good as you know how to. Now you need to make it even better, based on feedback. What do you do?
- Any tips on creating suspension of disbelief?
- How do you deal with annoying fans?
“Oddly, no. Sometimes you guys are dull.” 5:22, Mary Robinette Kowal.
Mary’s Shmoozing 101 Link: Right here.
Homework: The story of the writer and her VERY ENTHUSIASTIC alien fan who is impossible to escape.
Thing of the week: Howl’s Moving Castle, by Diana Wynne Jones, narrated by Jenny Sterlin.
Powered by RedCircle