11.39: Elemental Relationship Q&A, with Greg van Eekhout
Greg van Eekhout joined us at Phoenix Comic Con for a live-audience Q&A session about Elemental Relationship writing. Here are the questions:
- What is your favorite way to establish relationships?
- How do you recover when a relationship starts to feel forced?
- How do you show a “best friend” relationship?
- How do you decide the pacing of the romance?
- Do you try to make the nature of character relationships clear, or do you leave it to subtext?
- How do you go about writing transsexual relationships?
- What are your favorite relationships to write?
- How do I write the beginning of a relationship between characters the reader has not yet really met?
- How do you transform love into hate, and vice-versa?
- When writing a love triangle, how do you avoid telegraphing the final resolution?
- Do you have recommendations for books that focus on familial friend relationships rather than romance?
Credits: this episode was recorded live at Phoenix Comic-Con by Jeff Cools, and mastered by Alex Jackson.
Homework: Identify something about your location that would provide, in an alternate universe, a source of magic unavailable in other locations.
Thing of the week: California Bones, by Greg VanEekhout.
Powered by RedCircle