Writing Excuses 10.51: Q&A on Showing Your Work, with Daniel José Older
Daniel José Older joins us for a Q&A on showing your work around. Here are the questions, which were submitted by attendees at the Out of Excuses workshop:
- What’s the best way to meet editors and agents at conventions?
- How do you write a good query letter?
- What do you mention as credentials in your query letter?
- You didn’t cover self publishing at all this month. Self publishing is legit, right?
- Can you submit the same work to more than one agent or editor at a time?
- Can you re-submit a revised work to an agent who previously rejected the piece?
Homework: Write a query letter for a book that you love, but did not write. Then write a query letter for your own work.
Thing of the week: Mystic, by Jason Denzel, narrated by Mary Robinette Kowal.
Powered by RedCircle