Your Hosts: Brandon, Dan, Mary Robinette, and Howard
This Q&A session was recorded before a live audience aboard ship at WXR 2022,
Here are some paraphrasings of the questions our attendees asked:
- How do you make your world feel big without infodumping?
- How do you balance a sense of progress with an unreliable narrator?
- How can I make two magic systems work in the same setting when one is underpowered, and the protagonist uses the weaker one?
- Have you ever based characters on yourself, or on people you know?
- What does the process of book adaptation look like
- Do you have any good convention recommendations?
- What are some methods for determining how much scientific detail you go into?
- How do you interact with an audience in order to grow it?
Credits: This episode was recorded by Marshall Carr, Jr., and mastered by Alex Jackson.
Write out a few questions. What are the things you need the most help on?
Bastille vs. the Evil Librarians, by Brandon Sanderson and Janci Patterson