If there’s a crowd with good questions, it’s the Out of Excuses Workshop and Retreat attendees.
- Given the trend toward moral ambiguity, is there still a place for an unquestionably evil character?
- Should you publish a first book that isn’t in the style or genre that you’re ultimately interested in?
- Is it possible to write epic fantasy with a single POV?
- Of all of the myriad talents of the literary agents you work with, what’s the one that makes you stick with your agent?
- How do you maintain your writing chops when you’re buried in the research phase of a project?
- What are some issues a short story writer should be aware of when tackling a novel?
- How do you go about discovery writing characters?
- When you build a story, does the foreshadowing go in during the first pass, or in later edits?
Our sponsor, Audible, is giving away Legion: Skin Deep, by Brandon Sanderson between now and December 24th. Follow that link and get a free audio book!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 19:08 — 13.1MB)
“Everywhere I look, everyone is covered with ketchup.”
Angelmaker, by Nick Harkaway, narrated by Daniel Weyman