Hello, long-time listeners. We’re ready to level up the podcast and to that end, we are looking for a producer.
Who We Are:
Writing Excuses is a fast-paced, educational podcast for writers, by writers. It airs weekly. Episodes vary in length from fifteen to twenty-five minutes but are usually less than twenty minutes long.
The goal of the show is to help listeners become better writers. Whether they write for fun or for profit, whether they’re new to the domain or old hands, Writing Excuses has something to offer.
We’re looking for a creative producer who has an interest in teaching the craft of writing AND has the chops to produce a great podcast. You should be well-organized and detail-oriented. You should be able to thrive working independently.
- Manage host and staff schedules for tapings, and team meetings
- Coordinate tapings through the production process
- Ensure content shelf stays relevant and timely.
- Delivering final cuts to network partner
- Coordinating and working with additional staff, including those at our retreat branch and in charge of communications
- Effectively managing and delegating tasks to a team.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Experience working on a show or podcast
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks.
- High editorial and audio standards.
- Production experience in digital audio or radio.
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem-solve.
- Independence, positive attitude, initiative, and excellent judgment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
$40-$60 per hour with a six-week trial
Time commitment: Part-time and variable. We batch episodes so there will be busy times and lulls. We can work together to adjust the schedule.
Women of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ are especially encouraged to apply.
Apply by Friday, January 20, midnight PDT. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: WX producer application: [your name]