- Can only certain people tackle certain issues in certain stories?
- Science Fiction often explores issues by changing the context. Why does this work?
- How would you handle an issue story in short fiction?
- How do you make sure to research the issue enough without paralyzing yourself with the fear that you cannot do it justice?
- How do you convincingly write a position with which you disagree without convincing your readers that you agree with it?
- How do you write about a deeply personal issue without making it sound like a personal sob story?
Credits: This episode was recorded aboard Oasis of the Seas by Bert Grimm, and mastered by Alex Jackson.
Take an ensemble cast, and write each member’s position on a given issue.
Gift Child, by Janci Patterson