Microcasting! It’s what we’ve taken to calling a Q&A. Eric Patten joins us for this one. Here are the questions:
- What’s your first step in the rewriting process?
- How do you write Artificial Intelligences as characters?
- Tactful promotion: how do you get nominated for a Hugo or Nebula?
- How do you decide whether or not to take an offer from a publisher?
- Do you use a writing notebook? How, and for what?
- What methods do you use to test the “coolness” and/or viability of a story idea?
- What genre or style do you read that is outside of the one(s) in which you write?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 16:18 — 11.2MB)
Two words: “Flying Caldecott.”
Red Storm Rising, by Tom Clancy, narrated by Michael Prichard