12.39: Q&A on Short(er) Fiction
Your Hosts: Brandon, Piper, Dan, and Howard
Our listeners sent us some questions about writing shorter fiction. Here are the questions:
- How do you market short stories today?
- Has ebook self-publishing made novellas more viable?
- How do you structure a short story?
- How short is too short?
- Is publishing sections of a novel a viable way to get traction for that novel?
- What should I look for in the semi-pro market if professional publications have rejected my work?
- What aspects are crucial in novels, but which don’t belong in short fiction.
Credits: this episode was recorded in Cosmere House Studios by Dan Dan the Audioman Thompson, and mastered by Alex Jackson.
Homework: Go buy a short story collection that has a variety of authors in it, and read it.
Thing of the week: “Mind over Matter” by Howard Tayler (from Called to Battle, Volume 2 from Privateer Press).
Powered by RedCircle