11.09: Q&A on the Element of Wonder
Gama Ray Martinez joins us at LTUE to field questions on the Element of Wonder, which were submitted by members of our audience. Here are the questions:
- How do you create wonder in non-genre stories, where there are no super-powers, spaceships, or spellcasters?
- How do you avoid making the wonder stale?
- Are there stages of wonder, similar to the stages of grief?
- Does wonder come from the style of the prose, the pacing, or from other things?
- How would you foreshadow wonder?
Homework: Have a world-weary character, one who is not in awe, and find ways to help the reader experience wonder despite being in the POV of a character who is not.
Thing of the week: Shadowguard, by Gama Ray Martinez, narrated by Adam Verner.
Powered by RedCircle