Claudia Gray joined us aboard Oasis of the Seas to answer our attendees questions about the Elemental Ensemble. Here are the questions:
- Can you fit an ensemble into a short story?
- What the minimum size for an ensemble? Is there a perfect length?
- Can you put a traitor into an ensemble story?
- How do I give my ensemble characters equal emotional weight if I only tell the story from a single POV?
- How do you introduce your ensemble without infodumping?
- If an ensemble is about falling in love with a group of friends, how does killing a character work?
- How do you give every character a role in the climax without making it seem like the plot was cut to fit the team?
Credits: This episode was recorded aboard Oasis of the Seas by Bert Grimm, and mastered by Alex Jackson.
A Million Worlds With You, by Claudia Gray, narrated by Tavia Gilbert