James Dashner joins us for a Q&A at Utah Valley University during Life, The Universe, and Everything.
The first question starts out amazingly rough, but the 12-year-old asking it manages to stick the landing. The questions include:
- Why is the ARC of James’ first book so different from the later books?
- How do you handle paragraph- and sentence-level edits?
- How do you plot your stories?
- How do you craft endings that are both satisfying, and leave the reader wanting more?
- What do you do when your compelling villain threatens to take over the whole book?
You get kidnapped and put in an asylum for the criminally sane.
Everneath, by Brody Ashton, narrated by Amy Rubinate